To receive a Genealogical and Family History Service from Lisa Dunbar Trading As Past Discoveries you will be submitting your information such as Name, Address, Email Address, Telephone Number for contact purposes and also your Family History Content for me to work with. This information is supplied so that the Research can take place. Any such information will only be used by myself for contact with yourself, Research purposes, my own Record Keeping and for Accounts purposes. Your information will not be passed on to third parties unless you so wish for it to be passed on with your permission. Information will be retained by myself until you request for it to be destroyed.
For PayPal payments your email address will be used by myself and PayPal to process the payment. All PayPal transactions take place in a secure web environment.
You have the right to request a copy of the information held by Past Discoveries and this request is to be made in writing to the address on this Website.
I do not engage in bulk email or newsletter marketing and all emails by Past Discoveries are directly sent to the Client in response to Research.
I am registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and take measures to ensure that personal information is held securely.
GDPR and Privacy
From 25th May 2018 a new EU data protection law comes into force EU 2016/679. This new law gives individuals control over how their data is used and stored and places certain obligations on businesses that hold information about their clients.
- When clients contact Past Discoveries they provide their name, address, email address and contact telephone number. It is possible that a client may supply a birth certificate as a starting point for research to begin and this would be a legitimate use for using this information. Your personal details are only used for communication purposes and for the purposes of carrying out research on your behalf. This information is not passed on to a third party or used for marketing purposes. Past Discoveries do not use your data for sending out newsletters. Past Discoveries do not keep banking details of their clients.
- Once research has been finished your report will either be sent via email using pdf or will be sent via special delivery postage which is the safest method to use via Royal Mail. Your report will then be archived onto an external hard drive which is kept on my premises. Emails and a copy of your report will be kept on my computer. At any point a client can ask for their information and report to be destroyed at which point this would be carried out. Your research report would be kept as many clients ask for further research years later and for this reason it will be stored. You can ask for your report to be deleted at any time.
- Clients can contact Past Discoveries at any point to ask which information is held on them.
- Once research is completed then Past Discoveries will not contact you unless you ask for further research.
- By signing a contract with Past Discoveries then you are opting in for your information to be held by Past Discoveries but at any time you can opt out and your information will be destroyed.